Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- 1 lb 90% Llean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium Green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 43 1/2 oz Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 30 oz Tomato sauce
- 12 oz Tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Dried basil
- 2 tsp Dried marjoram
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink, 10-12 minutes. Crumble the meat and drain.
- Transfer meat to a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Add the green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste, sugar and seasonings. Stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until bubbly.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and top with parmesan if desired.
Recipe Adapted from TasteOfHome.com