Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 hours
- 1 lb French bread, diced and dried out for about 12 hours
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, diced
- 1 Extra-large vidalia onion, diced small
- 1 cup Celery, diced small
- 3 tbsp Fresh rosemary leaves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp Fresh sage leaves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme leaves, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lbground Italian sausage, hot or sweet
- 1/4 cup Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray and place bread inside. Allow bread to dry out for about 12 hours.
- When you’re ready to continue, add the butter, onion, celery, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Crumble the sausage over the bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 – 5 hours, until the vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked through.
- Stir the stuffing and taste for seasoning balance. Add more salt, pepper, or additional herbs if desired.
- Add the parsley and stir to incorporate. Cover and cook for 5 minutes additional minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from AverieCooks.com