Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 4 lbs Apples
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar, optional
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, optional
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, optional
- Peel and core the apples, then cut into chunks around 3/4″. Place in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using.
- Pour in the water and lemon juice, stir to combine well.
- Put on the lid and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours, until the apples are very soft.
- Give the applesauce a good stir. If you want a smoother consistency, place in a blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com