- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 oz Ground beef
- 1 cup Canned tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- 4 Hamburger buns, toasted
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring, about 6 minutes.
- Add beef and continue cooking until browned, about 8 minutes. Break up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt, pepper and tabasco. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thick, about 10 minutes.
- Divide evenly between the four buns and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Saveur.com