- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) halibut fillets
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste; add to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned, turning carefully. Transfer fillets to a platter; cover and set aside.
- 2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; heat over medium heat until hot. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add wine, stirring to loosen up any browned bits. Simmer 2 minutes. Stir in basil, and return fillets to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to 4 plates, spoon with sauce, and serve.
Per serving: 167 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 51mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 19g protein