Skip to content
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 4 Halibut fillets
- 1 tbsp Shallot, minced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 tsp Fresh basil, chopped
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste and then add to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned, turning carefully. Transfer fillets to a platter; cover and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet and heat over medium heat until hot. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen up any browned bits. Simmer 2 minutes. Stir in basil, and return fillets to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to 4 plates, spoon with sauce and serve.