Simple Fresh Garden Pasta Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart tomatoes, peeled
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb. ground beef, browned and drained**
- In a saucepan, soften the onions in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and ground beef or sausage.
- Cook over low heat just until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve over pasta topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
*Submitted by Mark Adams, Mark Adams Greenhouses
**Can be substituted with 1⁄4 lb. andouille sausage, precooked