Simple Fresh Garden Pasta Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart Tomatoes, peeled
- 15 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb Ground beef, browned and drained**
- In a saucepan, soften the onions in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and ground beef or sausage.
- Cook over low heat just until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve over pasta topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Submitted by Mark Adams, Mark Adams Greenhouses
**Can be substituted with 1⁄4 lb cooked andouille sausage