Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs Spaghetti squash
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, deveined
- 6 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1/3 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle the inside of the squash halves with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down, on a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the rind is slightly soft and gives with a little pressure. Let cool until able to handle.
- With a fork, scrape the squash flesh into a bowl, creating the thin strands of “spaghetti.” Cover and keep warm. This can be done ahead and rewarmed when ready to use.
- In a large skillet, on moderate heat, add 4 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss in the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Toss in the diced tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes, or until they soften.
- Add the shrimp, and season with salt. Cook the shrimp for about 1 minute, then flip them.
- Pour in the white wine, and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30 – 45 seconds. Then pour in the vegetable broth, toss in the butter and parsley and cover with the lid. Simmer for an additional 2 – 3 minutes, until the sauce reduces a little. Optional: to thicken the sauce a little, stir the grated cheese into the sauce. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings, adding in more salt if needed.
- Stir in about 2 cups of the cooked squash into the skillet. Simmer until the squash is heated through.
- Finally, drizzle 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the mixture. Stir to combine and top with black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from 2SistersRecipes.com