Scallops with Pear Cream Sauce
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 Pear, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Almond milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 8 Fresh sea scallops
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- Place almond milk and pear in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the olive oil to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add the flour to the pot while stirring vigorously. Fry the flour for about 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Lower the heat if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the almond milk and pear mixture. Continue stirring while the sauce heats up. Allow to boil for a few minutes.
- Once the sauce is desired thickness, remove it from the heat and add salt, black pepper and any other spices you might like. Keep in mind that the sauce may thicken more as it cools.
- Dry scallops thoroughly with paper towels, then season with salt on all sides.
- Heat the canola oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Add scallops, avoid overcrowding.
- Cook scallops without moving until well browned on first side, about 1 minute. Flip the scallops and cook for another minute. Move cooked scallops to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with the pear sauce.
Recipe adapted from FoodFidelity.com