Sausage and Pepper Salad
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 sweet or hot Italian sausage links
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 quarters
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 quarters
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into cut into 4 quarters
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into large slices
- 4 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 2 cups coarsely chopped radicchio
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Place sausages on one side of the grill, and peppers and onion on the other side of the grill. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Grill sausage until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Grill peppers and onion until charred. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut sausages, peppers and onion into slices.
- To assemble salad, place arugula and radicchio in 4 salad bowls. Top with sausage, peppers and onion. Drizzle evenly with vinegar and oil. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve.
Per serving: 305 calories, 22g fat, 5g saturated fat, 26mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 16g protein