- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs Skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Shallots, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Coarse bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Capers, drained
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter or olive oil
- Put a quarter of the salmon chunks into a food processor with the mustard. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty.
- Add the shallots and the rest of the salmon, and pulse until the fish is chopped and well combined. The pieces should be about a 1/4 inch, or smaller.
- Move the salmon mixture to a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, capers and salt and pepper to taste. Shape into four burgers. You can cook immediately, or cover and refrigerate for a few hours before cooking.
- Place the butter or oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter foam subsides or the oil is hot, cook the burgers for 2 – 3 minutes a side, flipping once.
- Serve on buns with your favorite toppings or over salad greens.
Recipe adapted from Cooking.NYTimes.com