Skip to content
Roasted Whole Chicken
- 4-5 lb Whole chicken
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Lemon
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery stalks
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and black pepper both inside and outside of the chicken.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Stuff the lemon halves, garlic cloves and thyme into the cavity of the chicken.
- Rub the olive oil over the chicken and place it in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- Cut the onion, carrots and celery into chunks and arrange them around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
- Once done, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before carving it.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and your favorite sides.