Roasted Chicken with Rice Pilaf
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried sage
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 6.09 oz box Near East Rice Pilaf Original
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and place in a baking dish.
- In a measuring cup combine olive oil, mustard, oregano, thyme, sage, garlic powder and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 2/3 of the mixture over the chicken and gently rub it in until evenly coated.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Near East Rice Pilaf according to package directions.
- Toss broccoli in remaining 1/3 of olive oil mixture.
- Once the chicken has been baking for about 25 minutes, add broccoli to the baking dish and continue roasting for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes to get the chicken skin extra crispy.
- Remove chicken breast and broccoli from baking dish and set aside.
- Add rice pilaf to the baking dish and stir to mix in the chicken drippings.
- Add chicken and broccoli to the rice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from NearEast.com