Roasted Chestnut Stuffing
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups Roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 6 cups Bread cubes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2-3 Carrots, diced
- 1 bunch Celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Bone broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Sage, chopped
- 2 tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and translucent.
- Add chestnuts, herbs and broth and stir to combine evenly. Stir in the bread. If the stuffing seems dry, add a bit more broth, careful not to make it soggy.
- Stuffing is now ready to stuff your turkey and cook as usual.
- If cooking the stuffing separately, place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from OurGabledHome.com