Roasted Castelvetrano Olive and Feta Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 12 oz Feta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 sprigs Fresh oregano
- 1 tsp Crushed chili pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 lb whole Castelvetrano olives
- 1 head Garlic, peeled into individual cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the feta cheese on a serving dish and set aside.
- In a medium baking dish, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, 3 sprigs of oregano, chili flakes and salt. Add the olives and peeled garlic to the dish and toss gently to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until the olives are hot and the garlic is tender.
- Discard the oregano sprigs and pour the warm contents over the prepared feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oregano leaves from the 2 sprigs of oregano.
- Serve warm with toasted pita or naan bread.
Recipe adapted from FoodAndWine.com