- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed Light-brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3/4 cup Low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then the buttermilk.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix to butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in rhubarb.
- Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray, or use muffin liners. Spoon mix into prepared tin, dividing evenly among the cups. Sprinkle the tops with granulated sugar.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Leave in the pan and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then take them out and cool completely on rack.
Recipe adapted from MarthaStewart.com