Classic Reuben Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 8 slices Rye bread
- 8 slices Deli-sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Sauerkraut, drained
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing. On 4 of the bread slices, layer 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and another slice of Swiss cheese. Top each sandwich with a second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches about 5 minutes on each side, until both sides are golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com