Quick Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash (about 1 lb. uncooked)
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. ground pecans
- 3/4 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh sage leaves
- Shaved Parmesan
- In a medium bowl combine squash, Parmesan, pecans, orange zest, nutmeg, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Fill a small bowl with water. Place wonton wrappers in one layer on a large baking sheet. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of the squash filling in the center of each wrapper. Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold wrapper in half over filling, and press to seal edges.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add sage; heat until butter begins to brown and sage becomes crisp. Reduce heat to medium-low. Working in batches, add ravioli; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan, and serve.
Per serving: 406 calories, 28g fat, 15g saturated fat, 73mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g protein