Queso Fundido Dip with Chorizo
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 5 oz Mexican Chorizo, casings removed
- 12 oz Oaxaca or Monterey Cheese, grated
- 6 Flour tortillas or 12 oz tortilla chips for serving
- 1 ½ cup Roasted salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the chorizo is cooked, remove the excess fat from the skillet.
- Place the chorizo in an oven proof dish, setting aside 2 tbsp to garnish later.
- Place the grated cheese over the chorizo and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling, careful not to overcook.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle reserved chorizo over top.
- Serve warm with salsa and flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from MexicoInMyKitchen.com