Pumpkin Cupcakes With Maple Frosting
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Morton & Bassett Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/4 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place liners into a cupcake tray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a spatula until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cupcake tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by beating together the powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup with a hand mixer.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Once cool, frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice.
Recipe adapted from MortonBassett.com