Potato & Swiss Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- 5 strips Bacon, diced
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 4 Medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Cook bacon until crisp then remove to paper towels to dry. Drain the pan, reserving 1 tbsp of the bacon drippings.
- Sauté the onion in the drippings until tender.
- Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Whisk flour and milk together until smooth. Gradually stir into the potato mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add cheese and stir until it melts completely.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Recipe adapted from TasteOfHome.com