Portobello Mushroom Bisque
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 cups Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups Leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 8-oz Brie wheel, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, leeks and thyme and sauté 8-10 minutes or until softened. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen up any browned bits. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and heavy cream and cook just until heated through and cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls, and serve.