Portobello Mushroom Bisque
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 cups diced Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups diced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 1 (8-oz.) Brie wheel, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and thyme; sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen up any browned bits. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in cheese and heavy cream; cook just until heated through and cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into individual bowls, and serve.
Per serving: 217 calories, 16g fat, 10g saturated fat, 57mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 8g protein