Porterhouse with Onion and Portobello
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 lb Porterhouse steak
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 oz Sweet vermouth
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 White onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup White wine
- Mix together the garlic, ground pepper and vermouth. Spread mixture over both sides of the steak. Let sit and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven boiler and grease a broil safe pan.
- Place steak on pan and broil for 7 minutes. Flip and broil another 4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet, then add onions and salt. Sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and wine, cover and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Place steak on a plate and top with the sautéed onions and mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AskYogiMarlin.com