Pork Chops with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 Thick-cut pork chops
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 cup Butter, divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp All-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 tbsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- Season pork chops on all sides with Montreal steak seasoning to taste.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chops in melted butter until browned and slightly pink in the center, about 7 – 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F.
- Add remaining butter to the pan as needed so that about 3 tbsp pan drippings remain in the pan when the chops are finished cooking. Transfer pork chops to a plate and return skillet to medium-high heat.
- Mix flour, basil and beef bouillon together in a bowl.
- Stir black pepper into skillet with the pan drippings and cook for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 2 minutes. Pour milk into flour mixture; cook and stir constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork chops and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com