Poached Salmon Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb Skinless salmon fillet
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 small Vidalia, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs Fresh oregano
- Fruit relish of choice
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- Olive oil
- Mixed greens
- Lemon wedges
- Bring wine, onion, salt, pepper and oregano to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add salmon, reduce heat and gently simmer, covered, for 10 – 12 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer salmon and onion to a dish, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Lightly drizzle the inside of the rolls with olive oil.
- Cut salmon fillet into 4 equal pieces and place a piece on each roll. Add relish, mixed greens and the top piece of roll.
- Individually wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Serve with lemon wedges when ready.
Recipe adapted from MidWestLiving.com