Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. sliced fresh garlic
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano or Parmesan (1 oz.)
- In a small bowl combine shrimp and pesto; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta; cook al dente according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl. Increase heat to medium. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, pasta and reserved pasta water; toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Transfer to a large serving bowl, sprinkle with Romano, and serve.
Per serving: 498 calories, 25g fat, 5g saturated fat, 141mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 29g protein