Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 lb medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Basil pesto
- 8 oz Angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 tbsp Fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/2 pint Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl combine shrimp and pesto and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook 5 – 7 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl. Increase heat to medium. Add shrimp and cook 2 – 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, pasta and reserved pasta water and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, sprinkle with Romano and serve.