Pesto Pasta with Egg
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 lbs Rigatoni noodles
- 2 Pimento de Padron peppers, or jalapeno
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Almonds or pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup Shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet along with the garlic cloves. Dash it all with a bit more oil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the pepper skins are nicely charred. Remove from heat, cool slightly and peel. Add to a food processor.
- Squeeze garlic from their skins and add to the food processor.
- Add basil, nuts, cheese and oil. Process to form your thick pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the pasta to al dente. Drain and toss with the pesto.
- While pasta is cooking, boil the eggs for 5 minutes. Cool and peel.
- Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls. Slice the eggs in half and top the pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from ChiliPepperMadness.com