Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups Butter, softened
- 1/2 cups Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Morton & Bassett Cinnamon
- 4 cups Pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make the crust by beating together the softened butter and brown sugar until light fluffy. Beat in the salt and flour until evenly combined.
- Press dough firmly into the prepared baking dish until it is flat and even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just starting to brown. Let cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, heavy cream, salt, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon and simmer for two minutes.
- Stir in the pecans and pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from MortonBassett.com