Peanut Noodles with Chicken
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz. whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. frozen steam-in-bag seasoned Asian vegetables
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta; cook al dente according to package directions. Drain; reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, microwave the vegetables according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat combine peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes. Stir in 3/4 cup reserved pasta water, stirring until smooth. Add pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss gently to combine. Cook until heated through, adding more pasta water (if desired) for a thinner sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Per serving: 458 calories, 16g fat, 3g saturated fat, 48mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 32g protein