Pasta with Manchego and Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 15 oz Diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Manchego cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. When boiling, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil until softened and just starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add the tomatoes and simmer.
- Stir the cream and 3/4 cup of the cheese into the tomatoes and mix well. Then add the crushed pepper, parsley and salt, adjust to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, add to the sauce and mix well.
- Place the pasta in a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from InTheKitchenWithApril.com