Pasta Primavera with Chicken Meatballs
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. basil pesto
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. frozen vegetables with peppercorn seasoning, thawed
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or amount listed on fettuccine mix package)
- 1 (4.8-oz.) pkg. creamy Parmesan fettuccine mix
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, breadcrumbs, pesto, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; mix gently. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 8 minutes, turning occasionally until all sides are browned. Add vegetables, milk, and water as listed on fettuccine mix package. (Do not add oil if listed on package.) Bring to boiling.
- Stir in fettuccine and seasonings from package; add 1/2 cup water. Simmer, uncovered, 7 to 8 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, stirring frequently. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes to thicken. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve.
Per serving: 379 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 68mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 35g protein
*5 minutes stand time extra