- Yield: 16-20 appetizers
- 1/8 cup Dill, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup Chives, finely chopped
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp milk, if needed
- 2-4 dozen fresh pansy flowers, washed and dried (gently pat with paper towels)
- Herb leaves, such as parsley, mint, basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme or sage
- Crackers or bagel crisps
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dill, chives, mayonnaise and cream cheese and mix on low speed until smooth. Add milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crackers and arrange on a pretty platter. Flavored bagel chips such as garlic add a nice burst of flavor.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to decorate.*
- Decorate each canape with a pansy flower and an herb leaf or two. Herb leaves such as parsley, mint (any variety), basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme or sage.
*Do not decorate more than 2 hours ahead of serving, or the flowers will wilt.