- Yield: 16-20 appetizers
- 1/8 Cup Dill, finely chopped
- 1/8 Cup Chives, finely chopped
- 1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ Tsp. Milk, if needed
- 2-4 dozen fresh pansy flowers, washed and dried (gently pat with paper towels)
- Herb leaves (see list below)
- Crackers or bagel crisps (see note)
In a mixing bowl, combine the dill, chives, mayonnaise and cream cheese and mix (with electric beater at low speed) until smooth. Add milk if the mixture is too thick.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crackers and arrange on a pretty platter. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to decorate.
Decorate each canape with a pansy flower and an herb leaf or two.
Herb leaves such as parsley, mint (any variety), basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme or sage
Flavored bagel chips such as garlic add a nice burst of flavor.
Do not decorate more than 2 hours ahead of serving, or the flowers will wilt.