Pan Seared Red Snapper
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 4 4-oz Red snapper fillets, skin on or off
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large Ripe mango, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 - 2 limes
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- If you are cooking the fillets with skin on, let them dry skin-side up and then lightly score the skin with a sharp knife.
- Season both sides of fillets with curry powder, chipotle powder, salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add thyme and garlic and cook until garlic is medium to dark brown.
- Add fillets (skin side down) to skillet. Use a large spoon or spatula to press fillet for the first 15-30 seconds to prevent it from curling. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve fillets warm with mango salsa.
Recipe adapted from MyBodyMyKitchen.com