Pan-Roasted Swordfish Steaks
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed pepper, plus more for topping
- 1/2 tsp (packed) Grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mash softened butter with parsley, garlic, 1/2 tsp ground pepper and lemon peel in small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Season swordfish with salt and ground pepper.
- Add swordfish to the hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the swordfish over and transfer to the hot oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer swordfish to plates.
- Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour sauce over swordfish and serve.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com