- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 6 cups Whole milk, or half and half
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 16 oz Fresh raw oysters, undrained
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add red pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper, stir to toast about 1 minute.
- Drain oysters and reserve liquid (oyster liqueur).
- Reduce heat to low, add milk, parsley and oyster liqueur.
- Cook over low heat until mixture is hot and beginning to steam, and bubbles just start to appear around the edge. Do NOT allow to come to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oysters and continue to cook over low heat until the edges of the oysters begin to curl.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from SheWearsManyHats.com