Oven Baked Jerk Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Ground allspice
- 1 tsp Packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Dried thyme leaves
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 2 - 3 lb Whole chicken legs
- 8-10 oz S&F Caribbean Mango Chef Sauce
- 2 Lime, quartered
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- Make the jerk rub by mixing the salt, allspice, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, nutmeg, black pepper, ginger, thyme, cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken legs with the rub, put in a covered container and marinate in the refrigerator 2 – 4 hours.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the 9×13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil and place the chicken pieces skin-side up into the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, until no longer pink near the bone.
- Liberally coat a serving platter with the S&F Caribbean Mango Chef Sauce, transfer the chicken legs to the platter and garnish with lime wedges and chopped scallions.
Recipe adapted from Schlotterbeck-foss.com