Moroccan Arugula Salad With Beets and Ricotta Salata
- 1 pound Red or golden beets
- 3 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange juice
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound Young arugula
- 1/4 cup Ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Put beets into a baking dish with about 1/4 inch of water. Cover and roast for 35 minutes, or until the beets are nice and tender. Once they cool, peel and cut into 1/4-inch wedges.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, cumin and coriander, salt and cayenne. Add the beets and arugula to the dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon the salad onto a plate, top with the crumbled ricotta salata and serve!
Recipe adapted from FoodandWine.com