Monkfish with Herb Butter
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 10 oz Monkfish fillets, skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper, finely ground
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chervil, finely chopped
- Cut each monkfish fillet into 3 or 4 evenly sized pieces and season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a rack over a baking dish.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Place fish in hot pan, cook for 3 minutes, then flip the pieces.
- Add butter to pan, followed by the garlic and thyme. When the butter starts foaming, start spooning the butter over the fish. Do this until the fish is cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- Place fish onto the prepared rack and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped chervil, parsley and chives to the butter in the pan and combine well.
- Place the monkfish on plates and top with herb butter.
Recipe adapted from RecipeTinEats.com