Miss Sheehan’s Baked Corned Beef
- 5 pound Corned Beef (Farm Market Flat Cut or Brisket)
- Pickling Spices (included with Corned Beef)
- ¾ cup of Water
Just as easy as boiling, oven baking enhances the tenderness by utilizing the surface
fat in combination with a little moisture to make the flavor stand out.
- Preheat oven to 275°
- Place Corned Beef fat-side up into a roasting pan. Spread the seasoning on top of Corned Beef and add the water to the pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 4 hours.
- Remove foil. Roast an additional 2 hours, until fork tender.
Submitted by Bob DeWitt