Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups Corn kernels, about 6 ears shucked
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, stir in the corn kernels. Then add the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Sauté until the corn is just starting to brown, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Once cooked, place corn in a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion and cilantro.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and stir to combine evenly.
- Enjoy as a side dish or with tortilla chips for dipping.
Recipe adapted from FitFoodieFinds.com