Melted Mozzarella Caprese Crostini Toasts
- 1 French bread baguette
- 10 ounces Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Whole head of garlic, halved
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces Prosciutto slices
- Balsamic glaze
- Slice the baguette into 24-30 1/4-inch slices and set aside.
- Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 250 degrees F.
- Scatter the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil along with the garlic. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and add salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the fresh basil leaves. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 3-4 hours or until the tomatoes are soft and beginning to blacken.
- Gently peel roasted garlic, mash lightly and toss with the tomatoes.
- Line baking sheet with foil and arrange the slices of baguette. Top each baguette with a slice of mozzarella cheese then a tomato and toast until the cheese is melted.
- Using the basil leave as a little cup, add a small piece of prosciutto and a roasted tomato to the leaf and place on top of the melted cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the slices before serving.
Recipe adapted from FoodieCrush.com