Mediterranean Pan Seared Trout
- 1 ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 ½ lb Trout fillet
- Black Pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges
- Greek tzatziki for serving
- Mix together the coriander, paprika and garlic powder.
- Pat the trout fillet dry and sprinkle the salt, black pepper and mixed spices on both sides.
- Dip the fish in the flour, shaking to remove any excess.
- Heat 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Starting skin side down, sear the fillets for 3 minutes on each side, flipping very carefully.
- Remove the fish and place it on a plate lined with paper towel.
- When ready to eat, transfer the fish to a serving platter and top with a squeeze of lime juice and dollop of tzatziki.
Recipe adapted from TheMediterraneanDish.com