Mango Flower Pops
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 Large ripe mango
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp Red hot sauce
- 1/3 tsp Chili powder
- Light sprinkle cayenne pepper
- Light sprinkle salt
- 1 Thick skewer for handle
- Press the stick into the center of the large end of the mango. Holding the mango vertically, hit the stick end on a hard surface to pound the stick into the mango seed.
- Peel the skin off the mango.
- Holding the stick side down, use a sharp knife to make 4 or 5 slices on an angle downward. Then make slices downward in the opposite direction. Do this all the way around the mango.
- Mix together the hot sauce, if using, with the lime juice. Drizzle this all over the mango from the top – down.
- Sprinkle with chili powder on all sides and top. Then sprinkle with the cayenne pepper and salt if using.
Recipe adapted from JustAPinch.com