London Broil with Herb Butter
- 2 lb Beef top round steak, cut 1-1 1/2" thick
- 3/4 cup Reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1-1/2 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, then transfer to a large ziploc bag.
- Add the steak to the marinade, turn to coat, seal the bag and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine the herb butter ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange racks so the steak will be 3-4 inches from the heat.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel.
- Place steak on a rack in a broiler pan and cook for 27-29 minutes for medium rare. Turning once, about halfway through.
- Move steak to a cutting board and let sit 10 minutes.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Top with the herb butter and pan juices.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com