Lemon Garlic Strip Roast
- 3-4 lb Strip roast
- 2 tbsp Lemon peel, grated
- 1 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 3 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine lemon peel, pepper and garlic in a bowl then press evenly onto all surfaces of the roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, but not resting in fat. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Carve roast into slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with prepared sauce.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com