- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 4 fillets Haddock, 6 oz each
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 15 oz Artichoke hearts, rinsed & drained
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pitted green olives
- Mix together the oregano, Aleppo pepper, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and then season on all sides with the spice rub. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened, careful not to burn it.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice and artichoke hearts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the fish in the skillet and lower heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Move fish to plates, top with the tomato, fresh herbs and olives and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TheMediterraneanDish.com