Lavender Ricotta Cheesecake with Crystallized Violets
- 2 lbs Ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1tsp Dried lavender buds or dried rose petals
- 1/3 cup Amaretto
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 5 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Lavender syrup
- Crystallized violets for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 300F. Set rack in the middle of the oven.
- Butter and flour a 9 1/2 inch springform pan, and tap out excess flour.
- Place sugar and dried lavender buds in spice grinder and process until fine.
- In a mixer, place ricotta cheese and add lavender sugar and flour. Mix on medium speed.
- Continue mixing and add eggs one at a time. Add amaretto and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until the top is firm and a light golden color.
- Test center with a skewer, making sure it comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Pour 1 tbs lavender honey (or lavender syrup) evenly over the cake and garnish with crystallized violets.
Submitted by Marita Orr, withseedsofintention.com