Korean Beef Bibimbap
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube, crumbled
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 10 tsp Dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb Boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Matchstick cut carrots
- 1 cup Shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 2 cups Baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups Cooked rice
- 4 Eggs
- For Beef Bulgogi, combine Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube, sugar and 2 tsp sesame oil in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cook at HIGH in microwave 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add steak and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook vegetables separately in large nonstick skillet using 1 tsp sesame oil for each vegetable, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 – 5 minutes. Remove vegetables, keeping them separate. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Cook steak in same skillet, in 2 batches, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness, about 2 minutes. Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Continuing in same skillet, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium-high heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, until rice becomes crispy and slightly browned on about half the rice grains, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat remaining 1 tsp sesame oil in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully crack eggs into skillet, keeping yolks intact and cook, covered, to desired doneness.
- Divide rice into 4 bowls. Arrange beef bulgogi (with juices) on top of rice. Top with vegetables, keeping them in separate mounds. Top each with an egg.
- Serve with hot sauce and/or kimchi if desired.
Recipe adapted from Knorr.com