Italian Fish Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp Light olive oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 large Green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1 small Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 16 oz Wild Alaska Cod, or whitefish
- 3 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 6-8 minutes until fragrant, stirring often.
- Stir in garlic, celery and bell pepper. Reduce to medium heat and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Add wine, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until most of the liquid is dissolved.
- Stir in the diced tomato with liquid, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Cook 10 minutes more uncovered, until bell peppers are just tender.
- Cut cod into small, bite-size pieces and stir into soup. Bring to a low boil and simmer 5 minutes, or until fish is tender and flaky.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from PlatingPixels.com