Irish Fish Pie
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 3/4 cups Milk, divided
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 1/2 lbs Cod fillets, cut into 1.5” chunks
- 1/2 lb Smoked salmon fillet, cut into 1.5” chunks
- 6 tbsp Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 Large carrots, chopped
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1 cup Peas
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup Dill, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 oz Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft. Drain potatoes, add 2 tbsp butter and ¼ cup milk and mash until smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place 2 ½ cups milk and bay leaf in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add cod and salmon and continue simmering for 5-7 minutes. Remove fish to a plate, discard the bay leaf and set the milk aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with the wine and reduce liquid by ½.
- Add peas, reserved milk, fish, dill and crushed red pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the fish mixture. Drizzle 2 tbsp melted butter over the potatoes and top with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned and edges are bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from KerrygoldUSA.com