Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Small elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 cups Water
- 2 1/4 tsp Ground mustard
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 4 oz Cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 8 oz Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated or shredded
- 8 oz Cabot Monterey Jack, grated or shredded
- Place the macaroni, butter, water, ground mustard, kosher salt, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine well.
- Secure the lid and make sure the vent is set to “sealing”.
- Select “Manual” and set pressure to “HIGH” for 4 minutes. When the 4 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by flipping the vent to “VENTING”. Set Instant Pot to “KEEP WARM”.
- Open the lid and add the cream cheese. Gently stir it in until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the milk, Seriously Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack and continue stirring until all of the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from CabotCheese.coop